Accident at Work Claims
Your employer owes you a duty to take reasonable care to make sure you are safe while you are working for them. This duty covers a wide number of areas and include the need to provide:
- Properly trained fellow workers
- Properly maintained and safe equipment to work with
- Properly maintained and safe personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves or safety goggles
- A safe place of work, including making sure there is nothing left on the floor to trip over, or nothing spilt on the floor to slip over
Please note that businesses are required by law to have Employers’ Liability Insurance to protect against work accidents; so, it’s the insurance company that would compensate you, and not your employer.
The whole claim depends on the circumstances of your accident. If you are not sure, please contact us for a free, no-obligation chat to determine whether we can help you with a claim or not.
You can claim for:
- Injury caused to you and
- Financial losses such as loss of earnings or medication expenses or travel costs
If you have an accident you should:
- Ensure that it is recorded in the accident book
- Check that your employer has reported it to the Health and Safety Executive
- Check your employment contract for information about sick or accident pay
If you are unfortunate enough to suffer an accident at work, then we would be more than happy to help. Please contact us on 01422 300048 or alternatively fill in the online form and we will get in touch with you.